Y.C.M. Vendors Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rob @ NAMA welcome & best wishes!

Go down

Rob @ NAMA  welcome & best wishes! Empty Rob @ NAMA welcome & best wishes!

Post  Rob Burrito Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:46 am

Just wanted to say, if you haven't met Rob K from NAMA sushi yet- introduce yourself. He's in town from philly, in a new town here in York let him know he has our support and is welcome. Not only a straight up guy from what i can tell just meeting him twice, he's looking to make it work, and has a passion for his product. quality stuff! even if the thought of raw fish makes you squirm, He's offering diversity and draw for a product. Some may think that sushi has failed in the market in the past, but the difference this time is with quality and dedication to his craft. if you know sushi like the burrito crew does, you can taste the difference. As his part in the market: he will help reinforce the quality and uniqueness of all of our products. Myself and my guys have been at his stand every day since he opened, try it out! to help him out getting started i'd been suggesting it to larger groups at my stand to pick up a sushi roll from him to share as an appetizer while we get the large order together, i think a few people have gone for it so far. Hopefully so! it all adds to the unique experience people can get there. I invited him to the forum today, so if you're reading this- welcome man! i wish you the best and if you need anything locally sourced thats not at the market or just general advice (fish outta water style :p) let me know!

-rob (burrito)
Rob Burrito
Rob Burrito

Back to top Go down

Rob @ NAMA  welcome & best wishes! Empty Re: Rob @ NAMA welcome & best wishes!

Post  Rob Burrito Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:18 pm

and yeah dude it is fucked up they made an 'squinty folks' spot in middle when the stand you wanted right by the beaver st door still sits empty. good look for market- walk in, empty stand- then "oh theres little chinatown how cute!" that's obnoxious...
Rob Burrito
Rob Burrito

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Burrito Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:04 am

Hey as i think you know i mentioned this to Annette and Alex today, (and sorry if alex put you on the spot, she was trying to make me out so be a drama queen in front of Annette, really odd for sure- but that seems to be every meeting i've had with alex. think she's trying to save face as the vendors relation chair. small town haha) but this did come of it:

while it may appear to be a bit racist, it seems to be explained as more of a coincidence and matter of convenience and cost effective spot for opening in your favor. while Annette did think it would help your business to be near another asian vendor with no ill intent, she did mention if you wanted to move to the spot across from Bairs on beaver st that that stand was available and you could do that. She also said the spot you're in was the spot you picked? it was the cheapest spot and also close to a handwashing sink in the common area, so no plumbing was needed. Apparently if you want to move or want to put some seats there i'd say to meet with Annette and talk about it, she seemed pretty open to it, but thinks it would be cost prohibitive. from the meeting i found that the religious people dont rent a stand, though they usually find an empty one and use it as a base. so that one next to your current spot should be available if you want to rent it for tables. you can suggest for your customers to eat up in the mezzanine right above your stand too, we tell people that all the time.

i'd say not to sweat moving yet, it'd be a pain untill you actually need the space and get a feel for production, then move when you're ready. for under 100$, i'm putting together a handwashing station i've seen many times at mobile events and food trucks where plumbing is not an option. should be a cheaper solution if you are told it's gonna be 3000$ to install a sink; it's this:

http://www.missionrs.com/100LCD.html?CAWELAID=610137790

when you arrive, fill it with hot water from the common sink and a bucket under it to catch wastewater is almost all you need for an approved handwashing station. you will also need to write "Handwashing only" and also have a sign that says "employees must wash hands before returning to work" beside it, along with a soap dispenser and towels. then you should be good to go with handwashing at whatever stand you would want to move to. i'll be putting one in my stand within the next week or two and double check with Russ (the city health inspector) that that setup is ok. oh and not sure of your electric usage too, but that may be a factor in moving- just figure out how much you use and make sure that amount of service is available at the stand you want to move to. anyways, Keep up the good work- that Volcano roll was awesome!

Rob Burrito
Rob Burrito

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum