Y.C.M. Vendors Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Internet Access/ 'Y -fi' Anyone else having issues?

Go down

Internet Access/ 'Y -fi'  Anyone else having issues? Empty Internet Access/ 'Y -fi' Anyone else having issues?

Post  Rob Burrito Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:37 pm

i know not all vendors use it, but i use (or at least try to) the Y-fi at my stand. it constantly cuts out, and is very inconsistent. i've been using it for credit processing and occasionally it will work but usually not- causes a hassle for my employees and customers, as well as added wait times, duplicate sends, and the classic "worked for the guy in front of me, now i have to use the atm -wtf?" i'm just wondering if anyone else was having problems using it. i would like it to work, and a year ago was putting together vendor interest in having a wireless account for vendors when Annette told me not to because the free Y-fi was coming and to use that. which would be great if it worked- i'd prefer if there is grief beyond myself to have the free Y-if issue fixed so it's reliable enough for us to use it for operating. the problem isn't due to high load either during operation hours, it also does not work/cuts out on off hours and days. i've had three different techs out to look at it, and bought all kinds of antenna and different routers, even different credit machines- it's beyond a shadow of a doubt, bad signal -and my stand is only 30' from the source. if it turns out that there is a problem to most of us and the board has no interest to fix it i would suggest this solution: if we all pitched in it would be about 30$ for the YEAR ((comcast business premium access)) and then could have a dedicated line for vendors to use wireless access to take credit cards, receive and respond to emails, and update their quickbooks/xcel files from their stands at closing ect. [oh and if you don't take cards already, the company i use is great -and local. does gift cards as well- i'll post it as another topic though] thoughts?
Rob Burrito
Rob Burrito

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum